Mon, May 04|
RSVP to receive a Zoom Link
Bayan Roots Community Sound Healing
First Monday of every month!
Time & Location
May 04, 2020, 6:00 PM – 6:40 PM
RSVP to receive a Zoom Link
About the Event
On first Mondays of the month, I offer a community space at Bayan Roots where folks can access self/community care, NOTAFLOF. During this threshold moment we find ourselves in, I would love to share the deeply rejuvenating sounds of crystal sining bowls with you. So from my house to yours, I offer this online event.
Things to bring:
- headphones, only if you want privacy where you are, I enjoy the sounds more when it's not so close to my ears
- support for your neck & lower back (find a comfortable posture sitting or lying down)
- consider removing fur-babies from your room (cats seem to like the sounds but my dog is not a fan)
- blanket to stay warm/cozy
- water to drink after.
Like every month, NOTAFLOF! This is an intentional community offering of accessible, trauma-informed healing!
- If you're a first-responder/essential worker...please join us for some free community-care.
- If you've lost income ~in any way~ due to COVID-19...please join us for some free community-care.
- If you're income has not been impacted by shelter-in-place donations are greatly appreciated; 30% will go to Bayan Roots. (Venmo: @Joy-Evans-MSW)
I love sharing sound healing in community and prioritize offering in healing spaces that center QTPOC and WOC, are explicitly for all-bodies, and accessible.
Community sound healing is wonderful self/community care. I offer this relaxing and transformative modality in a no-touch way that supports folks who are stressed or facing trauma. When I play I focus my energy on supporting folks connecting to their body to facilitate self-compassion and emotional healing. Spend some time being in resonance and letting your body heal itself. Dress comfortably & use layers to stay warm. Appropriate for all abilities.
What is Sound Healing?
Using sound as well as stones for healing are ancient practices used by communities around the world. Some of the earliest records of Egyptians, Romans, Chinese, Hopi, and Celts (just to name a few) show us that our ancestors honored the wisdom embedded in the earth. Working energetically with crystal singing bowls began in the 1990s, with the intention of balancing energy with the vibrations of the sound and properties of the crystals. The sounds are impactful both physically on the mind/body and energetically on the subtle energy bodies. My roots are Celtic and my offerings are through crystal singing bowls and my voice. Each bowl I play is infused with precious metals and crystals that have uplifting properties like: abundance of love, ocean flow, balance, overcoming abuse, and attuning to your spiritual purpose.