POSTPONED - Spring Forest Bathing
Time & Location
About the Event
UPDATE: this event is being postponed due to the "Shelter in Place" order for Alameda County. I highly encourage you to connect with the plants in your home, outside your window & in your backyard. I hope you will jion me for a future walk.
This forest bathing walk is inspired by Shinrin Yoku and engages beyond the mind/body connection to open up the heart in unexpected ways. Spend 2hr. immersed in nature. I guide walks that offer fun and gentle invitations to build reciprocal relationships with the more than human world. The pace is slow and distance is short to allow you to slow down and to connect deeply with your senses.
A recent participant described the experience. "A nature walk with Joy is a great way to practice self-care. It reminds you of the natural resources that are here for each of us to slow down and increase gratitude and presence."
To learn more about the benefits of spending time in nature read about: "Ecopsychology: How Immersion in Nature Benefits Your Health" from the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
$35/public (admission into the Garden included)
$20-40/UCBG or UCB Affiliate Sliding Scale
What to bring:
- Dress comfortably with shoes that are supportive;
- Layers to stay warm if the weather or wind changes in the Berkeley Hills;
- Water bottle (they have a water filling station);
- Journal if you'd like to write down your thoughts afterwards you are welcome to stay in the Garden until 5pm;
- Consider if/how you can keep your hands free/not have to carry anything.
The entrance to the UCBG is on the right side of the road. Just a little further up the hill there is a parking lot on the left. (If you get to the Lawrence Hall of Science you went too far.) Parking is $1/hr.
- Sliding Scale: UCBG/UCB$40$400$0
- Sliding Scale: UCBG/UC$30$300$0
- Sliding Scale: UCBG/UCB$20$200$0