Syncing with the Celtic Season: Autumn
Time & Location
About the Event
Syncing into the rhythm of the seasons is a practice of noticing. Slow down enough to notice the sometimes subtle, sometimes dramatic changes on the land and open your heart to the messages nature offers us on our inward journey.
You are invited to Hestia Retreat Center at Mount Shasta to listen to the messages from the land and bring your awareness to the beginning of seasonal shifts. In the Celtic tradition, cross-quarter dates mark the beginning of the season or midpoints between the solstices and equinoxes. These personal retreats at the beginning of the season offered at the beginning of August, and November, will help you prepare for the upcoming season of autumn and winter.
On a journey of healing with nature’s season as your guide, connect with the magical land at Hestia Retreat Center, ancestral territory of the Karuk tribe. Allow your mind, body, and spirit to sink deeply into the seasonal shift for 4 nights and 5 days. Spend time with the land cultivating awe and gratitude, receive the physical and psychological health benefits of being outdoors, and connect with (your) nature. Building any healthy relationship involves time and active listening. Let the spaciousness of being with the land in “silence” be your teacher as you begin to perceive how trees talk, how the creek babbles, or how the birds beckon you to a place.
During this retreat you will prepare yourself to receive the gifts of the next season:
- through a guided 2hr group practice curated by Joy, reconnect with your physical senses and open your heart to the seasonal messages from the land to reflect the season;
- through a 1hour private outdoor sound healing session with Joy, tune inward to allow the season to resonate in your heart;
- receive tools to support building your relationship with nature, including the Gratitude Blooming Deck and self-guided meditations on the land.
Preparing for Autumn: Thursday, July 29 - Monday, August 2
Autumn celebrates the harvest resulting from the outpouring of the sun's energy into the earth and into ourselves, culminating in tremendous growth. In Celtic tradition, Lughnasa or Lammas celebrates the very first of the harvest season at the midpoint between summer solstice, the longest day of the year, and autumn equinox.
To prepare yourself to balance the energy of summer with the decent into winter:
- experience a private sound healing session with Joy, blending guided breathwork, body/nature awareness, and intention setting, with specific resonance to explore: what gifts are you ready to receive or harvest? what are you ready to let go of in your life to find balance?
- together in a 2 hour Creekside Community Sound Bath, we will tune into the energy of the creek flowing through Hestia, allowing the sounds and energy of alchemy crystal singing bowls and the creek to wash over us noticing what emotions are flowing through the body and where there is flow in our lives.
More about the Creekside Community Sound Bath, Friday July 30, 2:22pm
Following the creek as our energetic guide, this community sound bath will be a chance to tune into autumn’s rapidly flowing waters. Cozy up next to the creek; through gently guided breathwork, reconnect with your senses and your heart. Allow the sounds of the creek and the singing bowls to carry you into a deep practice of restorative rest. Sound helps the mind to settle, supports the brain in entering a peaceful theta (or pre-sleep) state, and engages the parasympathetic nervous system to let the body relax and access the benefits of rest. The vibration/energy of alchemy quartz crystal singing bowls can be impactful physically on the mind/body, as well as energetically on the subtle energy bodies. Gentle attention will be given to the heart chakra of each person to support your connection to the element of water to balance the fire of long days under the Leo sun. You may want to complete your sound bath with a cold plunge into the creek!
Cost: The cost for this 4 night & 5 day retreat ranges from $1125-375 depending on which of the five lodging options you select and how many people are in your lodge.
Click on the lodging below to learn more about each space, or view the range of beautiful lodging options available at Hestia Retreat Center.
- 1125 for 1 guest
- 660, per person for 2 guests
- 575, per person for 3 guests
- 530, per person for 4 guests
- 1050 for 1 guest
- 625, per person for 2 guests
- 550, per person for 3 guests
Solstice Moon Yurt
- 900 for 1 guest
- 550, per person for 2 guests
- 485, per person for 3 guests
- 1050 for 1 guest
- 625, per person for 2 guests
- 550 for 1 guest
- 375, per person for 2 guests
Learn more about the magical grounds of Hestia Retreat Center at Mount Shasta, at www.hestiamagic.com.
Please email me with any questions about this personal retreat: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register: Complete Hestia's Personal Retreat Form